This policy outlines the way we at Gold Buyers Online (ABN 55600754327) collect, hold, use and disclose personal information.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT & HOW AND WHY WE COLLECT IT?
What personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect is generally limited to:
- drivers’ licence;
- name and contact details;
- other photo ID or Proof of Age Card;
- name and address of person from whim the property was acquired from; and
- any communications we have.
However, we may also collect information about:
- how you use our website, via third parties;
- details of the property being sold such as brand, model, serial number, etc;
- description of the property including engravings, inscriptions or unique marks; and
- whether you are the owner of the property being sold and if not, how the owner acquired the property.
How do we collect your personal information?
The main way we collect information is when you give it to us, for example, via our website sign-up, intake or other forms, via phone, email, when you submit comments or feedback or via social media.
Please note that while we collect your Driver’s License number, we do not collect your date of birth.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We need your personal information to:
- comply with the government licensing requirements;
- communicate with you in relation to your enquiry;
- verify your identity for security purposes;
- send you news if you have signed up (you can unsubscribe at any time);
- conduct our business, and enable your use of our website, products and services.
We also collect personal information to analyse and enhance our business operations and improve your experience with our business. This is used as statistical information to analyse the traffic to our website, and to customise the content and advertising we provide.
You can opt-out of the collection and use of this information by changing your privacy settings or opting out. Opt-out of Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on here, and here to change your Facebook ad preferences.
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION & HOW YOU CAN ACCESS IT?
When do we disclose your personal information?
We will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information, including against loss, unauthorised access, disclosure, misuse or modification. It is kept securely and accessible only to authorised personnel. Information is kept in accordance with our legal record keeping obligations and then destroyed appropriately. We generally will not disclose your personal information unless:
- you consent;
- it is required or authorised by law; or
- it is reasonably necessary for one of the purposes for which we collect it.
However, we do disclose your personal information where it is necessary to obtain third party services, such as analytics, data storage, payment service providers or marketing and advertising services. To protect your personal information, we endeavour to ensure that our third-party service providers also comply with the Australian Privacy Principles, but some third parties we use may collect, hold and process personal information overseas. You can opt-out of the collection and use of this information by changing your privacy settings or opting out.
How can you access or delete your information?
If you want access to your information to correct or have it deleted, please email us at [email protected]. Except where we are permitted or required by law to withhold it, we will help you. If you consider that we have breached any privacy laws, please also email us at [email protected]. You can make a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by phone at 1300 363 992, online at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-a- privacy-complaint or post to: Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, GPO Box 5218, Sydney, NSW 2001.
We do not keep your information online for more than a period of 4 weeks’ time. Your information is stored in our OneDrive file after which we transfer it to hard drives which are kept in a secure place. We do this as a precaution in the unlikely event that a data leak happens. Any and all handwritten receipts are kept in locked storage.
To further protect your privacy, we do not enter your addresses in our accounting system and only have your name and contact number along with a picture of the property sold.
Gold Buyers National Pty Ltd
ABN 55 600 754 327
Phone 1300 344 04 4